Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Anthurium Sweet Cherry
HOW TO KEEP YOUR ANTHURIUM HAPPY:
- Anthuriums like coarse growth media make the ideal potting mix with one part perlite, one part peat moss, and one part pine bark.
FIND THE RIGHT POT
- Place your Anthurium in a pot that is slightly larger than the plant. And don’t be frightened if you notice roots peeking above the earth — this is simply one of the plant’s peculiarities.
GET THE RIGHT LIGHT
- Place your pot in a bright, sunny location, but keep it out of direct sunlight, which can burn the leaves.
KEEP IT WARM
- Anthuriums are sensitive to cold, therefore keep the temperature between 25 and 30°C. Although they can withstand temperatures as low as 15°C, they may not develop quickly and may not blossom (what a waste!).
- Anthuriums thrive in damp environments since they are native rainforest inhabitants. In fact, a lack of humidity may cause the leaves of your Flamingo Flower to lose their lovely, glossy lustre.
WATER WITH CAUTION
- Water every three days at most — the soil surface should be damp but not soaked. Overwatering can make the leaves yellow and eventually lead to root rot, which is deadly.
- Improve soil fertility while the plant is actively developing by scraping some compost into two soil without disturbing the plant’s roots. Then, every once a month, feed the plant a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer. For Growing, diluted at a rate of 1 teaspoon/litre of water.
$15.00 excl. GST